Friday, October 13, 2017

Airplane Update #6

Today the engine and battery I ordered for the airplane finally arrived! I bought the Zippy Flightmax 2200mAh 3S1P 40C battery and Turnigy 2627 Brushless Outrunner 3800kV electric battery. Here are some pictures of the products:

Guess I shouldn't smoke around the battery :) Here are all the items unboxed:

And here is a closeup of the battery (which is in the white box):



















And finally, the engine with all of its included parts:


Hopefully these components will come in handy. Also, I'll be posting a fluid sim of the airplane in the next day or two which shows the airflow and velocity profile of the model I showed last week.

2 comments:

  1. Wonder if this battery will be too heavy and powerful for the size/weight of the airplane itself ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, when I received it I was surprised by the size. I'll look into finding a smaller battery soon, though.

    ReplyDelete